Late Nite Apron Design Results

I wanted an apron with some feminine appeal, so here's the apron design that had me up late figuring it all out. Overall, I'm happy with it.

I made the ties long enough to either tie the apron in front or with a big bow in back. The neckband has a snap closure and I'm debating about adding a pocket.
I love aprons that are full length because I'm a very messy cook (which is also the reason behind my use of a dark fabric for the main part of this apron - it should disguise messes better ;o).
There's still some "tweaking" I may do on my idea thanks to this prototype. Makes me wish I had a sewing/dress mannequin to work with. It would definitely speed up the process of trial and error that occurs when I only have myself to do mock-ups on (and then I could use it for the photographs!).

Comments

  1. Very pretty! I don't think it needs a pocket. The pockets on my apron that you gave me are quite useful sometimes, but they do catch crumbs! And I definitely agree with the full coverage to keep the splatters off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the darker fabric in the center gives the appearance of a slim person underneath (VBG). I need all the slimming I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine, you model this lovely apron so well, although I can't believe you haven't already got a mannequin. You really must get one, I for one would love to see more creations from you, and it would as you say, be so much easier for the making and the taking of photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your apron turned out great! Very feminine and pretty! I am a full-covereage apron girl myself. I am extremely messy in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW ! Look at that pretty, pretty apron, and so feminine...
    BRAVO ! (and you're a very good model :>)

    XOXOXOXOXOXO
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very pretty - it looks like it would be slimming as well! I too need full coverage when I cook - and when I eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very feminine apron. I doubt that I'd catch my husband wearing that if it were mine. :) That one would actually be fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! You are the apron goddess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the apron is great! good thinking putting darker fabric in the middle. I am a messy cook myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!