Need a simple gift for a baby boy?

How about a monogrammed flannel blanket and a lizard stuffie! For the monogram I chose a washable fake suede fabric which I machine appliqued onto the flannel.

The binding was made from a camping themed quilting cotton, featuring the browns and blues baby Hayden's room is decorated in.
The little lizard is dotty quilting cotton on one side and lightweight polar fleece on the other. Easy to make and baby friendly!
A bit of printed binding is the easiest way to jazz up a piece of flannel into becoming a one-of-a-kind baby blanket. I think this blanket will be my first choice for baby gifts from now on. Love it.

Comments

  1. That lining fabric is just wonderful! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific baby gift - the camp themed binding fabric is perfect! Love the monogram.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely gift! You are as sweet as a little fairy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a WONDERFUL gift for a little boy. i love the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good idea...much faster to get done when you find out someone is expecting that a full out baby quilt. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, the binding really makes it special. And of course the cutey lizard!! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh and he just loves it! He is a snuggly little guy (zoe did NOT snuggle) and he just loves anything soft against his wee little face.Thanks again for being so thoughtful with my two little ones!!! I need to get back to blogging soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!