For the boys

We're fortunate to have two full baths in our current home, which means our teenage sons have they're own bathroom. Being guys, they prefer to keep things simple. Nothing too fussy and nothing 'girly' (read: NO PINK) about their decorating preferences. Keeping that in mind, I decided to make this bathmat for them, using what I had on hand.

I grabbed two coordinating towels which were in good shape except for the worn and fraying outside edges. I measured the floorspace in the guys bathroom and cut the towels to fit it.

I thought two layers of towel would be more comfortable to stand on, as well as making the reverse side more interesting. I finished the edges using some 'manly themed' quilting cotton as binding. Now there's a practical, easy to care for mat for them to use and I can cross this project off my Spring to Finish list.

Comments

  1. What a good idea - could be used to 'theme' up any bathroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing idea. Now why didn't I think of that. I have a stack of old towels and the dog only needs so many. I will get on that right away--thanks. marilynmckinnon@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a really great idea! I dont really have old towels to do this with but I bet one day I will rn across a clearence bin with some mis matched towels just right for this project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to repurpose some older towels! Looks perfect for teenage boys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!