Apparently 2 is under the limit...

so here's a couple of pictures I can share while I wait for my photo storage account to be expanded (which should happen within the next 24hours).
 Okay, back to my project... I designed a new cover for my serger using those patchwork crosses I shared with you last week.  It is such an improvement over the thin, plain white, soft plastic, completely worn out cover which originally came with my (20 year old) Janome serger.


I'm really happy with the details on this new cover - like the cheery red piping I made for the end panels and that yummy cherry print binding along the bottom edge.  I won't even go into just how giddy the dotty aqua fabric I used for the side panels makes me. Oh, I heart dotty fabric. lol  So fresh and pretty!
Funny, how much that new cover is brightening up my sewing space.  It's definitely inspiring me to come up with other projects to refresh my creative space - perhaps this is the start of a Spring- Makeover for my sewing room.

Comments

  1. Ohhhh, I really love the surger machine cover!

    I’m inspired now to finally make one for my sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a darling cover! I love the colors and your quilting! I have been wanting to make my sewing machine a new cover lately. I keep this in mind for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabrics, gorgeous cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great use for that thrifted skirt and your scraps. It is so bright and cheerful, especially since I'm sure that you are more than ready for spring. I know my family in Canada sure are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cover looks adorable!!! I really need to make covers for my sewing and embroidery machines!!!!

    Quiltingly Yours
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect en fris ziet het er uit. Ik moet ook nog 1 maken voor de lockmachien, plastik hoes is bij mij stuk. Nu hangt er een handoek overheen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea there was even a limit! I always love blue with little red cherries! Makes me smile everytime! In my other life I have a teal blue and bright red kitchen! LOL- in this boring me life it is tan black and white...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny cos I'm looking into making a sewing machine cover!!! Well after the swap I'll really start sewing it. I've been thinking about it for a while so will do it soon ^_^ V.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Katherine! I sure love this. Every bit of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!