Happy with my progress

I'm working on making something from the scraps and linen I gave you a glimpse of last week, in this post.  My progress so far?  Scrappy pieces have been made into a bit of patchwork that I've now heavily quilted for texture.
 For the linen, I've used five different coloured quilting threads combined with a variety of quilted line designs.
 I even added some hand stitching in colourful embroidery threads
 and some shiny shell buttons.  All this means that I am getting closer to finishing, but I still have a few steps left before I have a completed project to share with you.   The more time I spend on this, the more in love I am with linen.  Could there be any fabric more appealing for combining with patchwork and embelllishments?  Part of me wants to hoard the linen I have, but then the temptation for creating with it is so strong.  Am I the only one this crazy about linen? lol

Comments

  1. I love linen too - in fact - you should pop over to flickr.com and look up the linen groups - you won't believe the eye candy and inspiration you'll find! Scrappy and patchwork are favourites of mine too, so add linen to the mix and I'm in heaven, LOL!!! I can't wait to see what you're making!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!