Stopping right here

Have you ever found yourself working on a project and unsure when to say, "Done!"?  This quilt truly has been a "make-it-up as I go-along" project.  I just wanted to see where my ideas took me.  Nothing to lose, since it's scraps from my stash (with a little purchased yardage as the background for those borders).    There is a temptation to keep adding to it, to see how else I can develop it, but I don't want to cross over from liking it to the point where I don't. 
So, I'm stopping right here with this quilt top (and  I probably should get it basted sooner rather than later so I don't have the chance to change my mind. ;o)

Comments

  1. That’s the hardest part of being an artist... knowing when to stop adding! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only thing I am wondering is what would it look like with the sides the same as the top so a couple more of those rows or however you have done it but I like the look.............baste away...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say stop right now! It looks fantastic!!! So fresh and prett! And make sure you make the back plenty big so you CAN baste away. Just speaking from very recent experience!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it right where it is. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely fresh and pretty, and I like Chookyblue's idea of adding to the side borders so they match the top/bottom ones :)

    So - you'll have this done and quilted and labelled by the end of this week, did I hear you say? *Sandra ducks and hides before a vintage sewing machine gets chucked in her general direction* :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful - I love the way the shapes seem to float above the white.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Katherine. It looks so fresh it makes me think of springtime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!