Granny invasion!

I've well and truly been taken over by Granny Square block sewing. I had no idea how hard I would fall for this sweet block.  My scrap bins have been combed through time and again, plundered, to help satiate my appetite for sewing these scrappy blocks.    There's so much to love about this block...


  • I can use tiny scraps to make something pretty (my cut pieces are 1.5" squares)

  1. I get to play with lots of colours (from fabric favourites)



  2. I find arranging them relaxing (and  they take little energy - which is good since I'm pretty tired exhausted after a day on the jobsite working with my hubby...more on this topic, later).



  3. I can picture them being incorporated into lots of projects... quilts, bags, pillow, potholders...etc. (I think my house may end up filled with granny projects! lol)



  4. Sewing them takes mere minutes to complete.  Instant gratification!




    •  Each block I make is unique... one of the beauties of using scraps, but also one of the many "hooks" that keeps me sewing them. LOL
    My Granny block collection has now reached the point where I have more than enough to complete a  project or two featuring them.  Any guesses what I will make first? ;o)

    It's been awhile, since I've had something to share on a Wednesday, but I'm taking the opportunity to link up...

    Comments

    1. Gorgeous grannies. These blocks are popping up everywhere.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I've been holding out on the Grannies, but darn it, they are just so amazing! Love all your little fabrics!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I want to dive into your stash! You have so many wonderful fabrics there. Your granny squares look great.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Oh they look lovely! I'm still resisting. :o)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Loving the granny squares, I too am resisting but man is it hard!!!!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Beautiful grannies! What a great scrap buster and it looks like they come together so quickly! I still haven't tried them yet. So many quilts, so little time!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Love the granny blocks- your scraps are so much fun!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Such a fabulous way to put so many of your favorite fabrics in little memory blocks! They look wonderful!

      ReplyDelete
    9. I agree with Susan, I want to dive into your scraps too! So beautiful!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Love the granny blocks, and love the idea of playing with them when you are tired.

      ReplyDelete
    11. I can see why you love them, I love them too! I think you're going to make a quilt and a cushion!

      ReplyDelete
    12. I finished my granny squares quilt a week ago, and I think it's my favorite quilt up to press. It's such a good stash buster too! Love your squares, can't wait to see the finished article :)

      ReplyDelete
    13. OOOOHH, I love seeing all those gorgeous fabrics put together that way! I know that whatever you make with them will be creative and beautiful... just like you:-)
      xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!