Good friends are..

Ages ago, I started stitching a sweet saying I came across and showed you only the beginning line.
 
 
 
Although I finished the embroidery months back, I wasn't sure how I wanted to frame it.  Thanks to all my time last week sewing with scraps, I had a light bulb moment in how to proceed with this project.
 
 
I grabbed my container of blue scraps and started piecing them together to make a scrappy border to frame the stitchery.  Then I  densely quilted straight lines onto the patchwork for extra texture.  The finishing touch? A simple applique  and a  special star shaped button from a lovely friend. 
 
 
Here's to all the stars in my life...
 
 
I'm linking up to Finish it up Friday with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts!

Comments

  1. Thank you for this quote, so true. The border is beautiful. How could we live without scraps????????????
    Hugs Baukje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet and very true! I've seen the same quote with "angels" instead of friends and have always loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this saying and it's so true two of my very best friends I never see, but they are always there. I am loving the way you have finished this off it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!
    I like the quote and your border is so fine!
    The button and the appliqued star makes it complete!
    You make fine things- as usual!
    Kram//Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwwwwww that's so pretty --- the perfect project to - hopefully - END winter with!! Yesterday it looked like spring was finally on it's way, but then in the evening we had what was almost a snow squall - it was difficult to see the road. BLECH - Old Man Winter is NOT done with us yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its beautiful and the sentiment is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great quote. Especially applicable to military families like mine. My friends are scattered around the globe but I know they are there for me all the same. I love the blue scrappy frame. You did an amazing job and it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you finished this off; it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!