String me along...

I've been doing a little scrap busting, with my eye set on making some "yardage" from the assorted bits and pieces.  The bins I have for keeping some order to my scrap collection were hauled out and I found myself caught up in putting together the "strings" of fabric (which are basically the cut away bits I have from when I square up fabrics - now you know that I really hang on to every stray bit of fabric... lol).   First I made a lovely mess, sorting through those bins,
 
A creative mess? ;o)
 but I did end up with some new "yardage" to use for projects.  I have to say, it never ceases to amaze me, what you can make with scraps!  Here are only a couple of the pieces I patched together.

 I'm thinking that these two "new" pieces will become much needed potholders and for that reason, I stitched the strings onto a foundation fabric (figure the extra layer of fabric can't hurt in making them more heat resistant).  I'm rather excited  not only to replace my worn out ones with colourful (and whole... rather than holey ;o) ones, but to see those fabric bits sewn into something useful.
  So gratifying!

 
While working on my scrappy ideas (why is it, one idea always leads to a dozen more?), I've been thinking about the works-in-progress list for the second quarter of the Finish-along.  I already know I have 3 quilts to carry over from the first quarter,  but am certain I have a few more projects I can add. Might even find some scrappy projects on that list. ;o)
 
Hope your week is off to a great start!

Comments

  1. I love scraps - I have a pile I want to do something with too and your pot holders are great inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to focus on making new yardage and not to focus on a project. Great work Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is my most favorite way to work, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic! I love scraps and your clours and prints are super! Your colourful, messy table looks very creative! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some great scraps, I am scard to pull out all my binds, I might get lost in all that fabric and you will have to call be the Baried Slow Quilter. You string pot holds look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love love love string blocks using scraps! these are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glorius!
    I love that pattern!
    Poor, Katherine, owns a million of fantastic scraps:-) :-) :-) :-)
    Stor kram//Maja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even your SCRAPS are gorgeous and happy and fun! I love string blocks and string quilts - they're homey and comforting and scrap friendly - win win win :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your strings, what gorgeous fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh those are pretty. They'll make really pretty potholders.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!