WIP Wednesday - Taking my time

There's been some progress on a project I shared earlier.
 

This one has taken me longer as I had moments when I wasn't so sure that this idea (or rather, my choices in fabric) was working out.  I set it aside before making changes (that would involve the seam ripper ;o) and I'm glad I waited.

 Some projects seem to need that extra time (or maybe I just need a little distance from them?),  so that I'm not forcing the process and ending up with an unfavourable result.  There are times, I think, when the focus can be so much on a finish that pleasure in the process can be loss.  A shame, really.

I've decided that here's the perfect opportunity to take my time, to be in the moment, enjoying the creative journey.  Happy mindful stitching!

Comments

  1. Fun free style tumblers! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, it is so easy to get caught up in getting it done that the process can get lost and all the fun sucked out of the project. I love your colors and the freeform piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the bright colors paired with the black stripes. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it a lot! But you are right, if it is not being fun, it's better to stop and let ideas settle...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!